4/26/11

Disney Dream

Hello Everyone!!  Well, let me start off by saying that it's been a CRAZY year so far!  I was so very blessed to start my second year in the travel industry with a BANG, and since then business has been crazy!  I was very blessed to have spent the last week of January aboard the New Disney Dream to “test it out” before its Maiden Voyage.  Oh what a privilege this was…

I’m going to try my best to squeeze this gargantuan experience in such a small blog post by just hitting my favorite parts.  Here it goes…

This was my first “good” view of my home away from home for the next 3 nights!


My cousin Amy and I were late getting onto the ship (surprise surprise).  After a VERY speedy check-in at the terminal, I was walking very fast and was completely focused on shoving my documents, wallet, licenses, room key, etc. back into my bag… then I raised my very distracted little head to see this…THE Atrium!  (I capitalize “THE” because this is the MOTHER of all Atriums)!  I grasped Amy’s arm, took a few steps back, and tried to catch my breath!  It was THAT beautiful!  I know you're dying to see...so here's a video!


The atrium is crowned with this INSANE chandelier.  Custom made for Disney, filled with Swarovski Crystals, and covered in 24 karat gold.  What else do you expect out of Disney…really?  lol!


Next Up…our stateroom!


Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah



Sink and Shower...



Toilet room...


Dining:  The first night’s dinner was at Animator’s Palate, which ended up being my favorite restaurant!


The décor makes you feel like you’re sitting in an animator’s studio.


Aside from all of the ADORABLE decorations (that I had to resist my urge to take home as souvenirs) my favorite part was Crush, the turtle from Finding Nemo!  Disney literally brings cartoons to life in this restaurant.  There are large screens all over the walls that make you feel like you’re in the ocean.  Crush moves around each table and interacts with his dinner guests.  Check out the video below where he’s talking to yours truly!  I was beyond stoked!  J 



After dinner, we took a stroll to peek at the Kid’s Activities and look who we ran into on our way! 


Kids Activities:  My favorite was the Oceaneer Club! 


Before getting to play, the kids have to wash their hands!  Disney is so awesome!  They took a necessary task (hand washing), and made it SO MUCH FUN your kids will be begging to wash their hands.  It’s a win/win situation.  Check it out…


There are four themed play areas at the Oceaneer Club.  1) Monster’s Academy 2) Pixie Hollow 3) Explorer Pod, and my favorite…ANDY’S ROOM!!!  Andy’s Room is not only an exact replica of his room in Toy Story, but the toys are all life size so children feel like a toy. 



You can actually play with the life sized Mr./Mrs. Potato Head!!!


My next to favorite kiddy area was Nemo’s Reef, which is an interactive splash pad area.  It’s filled with everyone's favorite characters from Finding Nemo!   Nemo’s Reef is located close to Mickey’s pool, so Mom and Dad…you can chill by the pool while the kiddies play within your sight, just a few feet away.


Pirate Night:  I just have 3 things to say about Pirate Night.  1) Pack fun pirate gear for everyone to wear!  2)  Take your camera for the fireworks show!  3)  DON’T MISS IT!!!




Ahhhh the Spaaaa!!!  Being the great travel agent I am, I decided to make a huge sacrifice and experience the spa in full for all of you people!  :)  Every inch of it was beautiful!  It had all of the ammentities that you would find in a spa (sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, all the works!) 


The massage room has large windows and it feels like you're floating on the ocean.  Which you are...but, you know what I mean. 

My masseuse was fabulous!  She was itty bitty (about the size of my pinky) and I thought to myself...LORD this poor girl is going to feel like a little fly on my back.  But, oh did she have me fooled.  She worked my hard as rocks back into limp noodles!  That 60 minutes went by way too fast! 

Want a shower that feels like a Rainforest???  Got it!  Tropical Thunder???  Got that one too!  
A few more pics....
  
My last highlight that was probably my favorite was the Aqua Duck!  If you aren't familiar with this feature, in a nutshell, it is a water coaster that takes you from the back of the highest deck of the ship all the way to the front of the ship, up, down, OFF of the side of the ship, and dumps you in a lazy river!  Oh, and I forgot to mention...you're in a CLEAR tube the whole time!  If you think you can find this on another ship...you can't.  :)  Disney is the first in the cruising industry to have this feature, and the Disney Dream is the first ship to get it!  It is SO cool and is a MUST DO!  Sorry, I don't have any pictures for you all to see.  I obviously couldn't take my camera on this wild ride. 

Well, I guess I'll land this plane.  Let me just say that these were some of my favorite highlights of this exquisite ship!  There are plenty of things to do and see that were not featured on this blog (i.e. other dining options, nursery, Disney's Private Island Castaway Cay, etc). 

If you have any questions regarding the Disney Dream...feel free to contact me!

Email me at macycain@hotmail.com

Find me on Facebook!  www.facebook.com/macystravelpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment